Bristol Park Hospital is a licensed healthcare provider that has been in the business for over 15 years offering quality and affordable healthcare services in Nairobi, Kitengela, and Machakos. Our vision is to be a world-class provider of quality, innovative, and accessible Healthcare Solutions. Our institution is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill the following position based in Fedha Branch.
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall care of patients seeking treatment in outpatient and inpatient sections, managing the team and ensuring the comfort of patients before, during, and after medical procedures and surgery, as well as that of patients seeking outpatient services within the branch.
- Evaluating orders and maintaining an efficient inventory and stock control of medications/vaccines and other medical supplies and equipment at the branch level.
- Preparing duty roster on a monthly basis, in liaison with the HR office, and circulating the same on time to respective staff in the department and other concerned offices.
- Evaluating nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Inspecting rooms and wards for cleanliness, aural and visual privacy, and comfort of patients.
- Maintaining current knowledge of international trends in nursing care delivery and incorporating this knowledge into the daily operation of the department of nursing, while sharing the knowledge gathered with others in the department and other concerned departments.
- Collaborating with the administrative staff, other department personnel, and representatives of allied teams in planning services for patients.
- Overseeing the development and timely revision of nursing procedures to enhance the quality of care.
- Making daily rounds in the patient care areas.
- In charge of the daily administrative and technical functions in the Nursing department.
- Chairing and ensuring that monthly departmental meetings are held.
- Reviewing, authorizing, and keeping accurate records of all requisitions, duty rosters, and leave applications for nurses.
- Attending to all patient complaints that are unresolved at lower levels.
- Complying with the hospital, government policy, and legal requirements by fostering sound nursing practices that adhere to the hospital’s and nursing division goals and standards of care; requiring adherence to the nurse practice act and other governing regulations.
- Ensuring a high level of patient satisfaction and work satisfaction for all staff in their department.
- Responsible for effective function of the operations theatre including CSSD.
- Providing written short and long-term plans designed to implement and facilitate the achievement of the department’s objectives.
- Participating in informing and executing policy decisions that influence patient care services delivered in the hospital.
- Delivering nursing services in a cost-effective manner with an eye on key financial objectives as well stipulated in our strategic plan.
- Ensuring high quality of patient care by conducting regular quality of care assessments of the department and implementing recommendations.
- Supporting the rollout of the Safer Better Healthcare Standards in the Department.
- Overseeing infection control activities for nursing, ensuring that adequate and appropriate corrective measures are implemented as soon as any gaps are noted or reported.
- Capturing and analysing the daily quality indicator.
Human Resource Management
- Monitoring and supervising the nursing staff to ensure that work is done properly and efficiently.
- Routinely monitoring staff performance according to their job description and set objectives.
- Evaluating and appraising staff through the company Performance Management.
- Reviewing personnel issues and concerns of the staff and assisting with determining and implementing solutions.
- Orienting new nursing staff on operations of the nursing department and activities taking place.
- Creating and acting as the link between the Nursing Department and other Departments in order to foster teamwork.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- University Degree (BSN) or Diploma in Nursing (KHCHN or KRN)
- Valid Nursing Practising License
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in nursing or related field
- Certificate in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support will be an added advantage
- Experience working in Level 4 or Level 5 facilities will be an added advantage
- Good leadership and communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward their updated CV and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading HOD NURSING on or before 18th August 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.